Terms of Service
How to get the most out of your pet care experience...
Here are a few helpful things to remember:
- Leave cleaning supplies (paper towels, rags, floor/carpet cleaner etc...) in a handy location because ‘accidents’ happen and we’d like to help tidy them up.
- Have all leashes, collars, harnesses, pick-up bags, carriers etc... ready for your pet’s visit. If we have to search for them, it means less walking and/or play time for our furry friends.
- Add our contact information to your address books in case you need to reach us.
- Keep your emergency contact details up to date. This allows us to contact you promptly in case of emergency.
- Inform your veterinarian that you’ve hired us to care for your pet(s). This allows your pet(s) to get treatment more efficiently in case of emergency.
- Make sure your pet(s) is/are up to date on his/her vaccines; they are your pet’s best protection against contagious disease. Your veterinarian can help you decide on the best protection for your pet.
To help all the paperwork run smoothly, these are the terms of service:
- We are insured and bonded. All our Pack Leaders have police record checks that may be reviewed upon request.
- Our invoices are issued monthly, and we accept payments via cash, cheque and e-transfer. E-transfers are the preferred method of payment.
- For dog walking bookings, please give us 24 hours notice if you need to cancel any walks to avoid charges for that walk.
- For any other bookings, please give us 14 days’ notice if you need to cancel the booking to avoid charges for that booking. Cancellations with less than 14 days’ notice are subject to a $30 fee. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are subject to a fee equivalent to 50% of the booking.
- If access to your house is provided through a garage or door code, placing a back-up key in a secure location will help avoid lock-outs in case of power or battery failure.
- Please let us know if your pet is experiencing any illness (kennel cough, eye infections, severe diarrhea etc...) as it may be contagious. We do our best to protect the health and wellness of all the pets in our Pack, but can only do so with your help. Any intentional omission of a communicable disease by a client will result in termination of service with A Balanced Pack.
- Our Pack Leaders will provide first aid in a case of medical emergencies and/or attempt to recall and locate missing pets to the best of their abilities, while still providing reasonable care to the other pets in their care.
- As our walks are outside in the elements, we are very weather conscious. In extreme weather, walks may be shortened or cancelled if we deem the driving and/or walking conditions to be unsafe. Any services cancelled by A Balanced Pack will not be billed to you.
- As our goal is to allow the dogs in our care to relax and have fun, we are not able to accept aggressive dogs. If we see any signs of aggression in your dog, we will let you know and all walks for your dog will be suspended with A Balanced Pack. We strongly recommend seeking guidance, training, support and/or rehabilitation through with a reputable trainer in all cases of aggressive behaviour.
- A Balanced Pack promotes an environment of respect and balance for pets and humans alike. We reserve the right to end any contract should any client behave in a manner that is disrespectful, dangerous or unsuitable toward any of our Pack Leaders or the pets in our care.
- By signing a contract with A Balanced Pack, you agree to the Terms of Service and understand that there is inherent risk involved in allowing dog(s) in public spaces. You hereby accept responsibility for your dog's actions while in that public space, as well as any damages and/or costs incurred as result of their actions.
- Neither A Balanced Pack, nor our Pack Leaders are responsible for damages caused by pet(s) in your home, in A Balanced Pack vehicles, or to any other private or public property.
- Pets may be photographed or videotaped. A Balanced Pack is the exclusive owner of any images or recordings and images may be used in media for purposes of promotion, advertising, and publication.